“Science is tending to show that life is harmony – a state of being in tune – and that disease is discord or a condition when a part of the whole is not vibrating in unison.”
– Nora Weeks
What is Sclerology?
Generally speaking, sclerology is the science of evaluating the markings in the whites of the eyes describing conditions of health. It includes the study of markings and colouring in and on the sclera layers as well as the conjunctiva, the layer covering the sclera.
“The red lines and the other markings and colorings in the whites of the eyes actually correspond to real conditions within the body. Their size, shape, configuration, shading, and various other aspects describe health qualities.” (Mehlmauer, Leonard: Sclerology – A New View of an Ancient Art, p. 1)
By looking at the sclera one can assess where in the body the highest stress and congestion are located, where the cause originates and how much of the cause is physical and/or emotional.
Any marker in the sclera shows a potential pathology. Sclera markers only indicate in a general way, which organs are involved and potentially compromised, they do NOT indicate specific disease processes, i.e. arthritis, diabetes or cancer. Sclerology, like iridology, is best used in conjunction with other tools of assessment and healing modalities.
- Stress and congestion of any significance in every part of the body
- Where (in which organs/ tissues) pathology begins
- Compromised organs and organ systems
- Cause & Effect: the spread of disease from one organ to another, which organs are involved as well as to what degree
- Physical injury and various types of trauma, i.e. blow to the head
- Metabolic imbalances such as certain vitamin deficiencies and lack of oxygenation
- Tumor development
- Infections by various micro-organisms such as bacteria, parasites, protozoa
- Involvement of sensitivities/allergies
- Compromised immune system
- Risk factors for cardio-vascular disease
- Drug induced imbalances
- Emotional sensitivity and organs/tissues affected by emotions
Please contact Gudrun for any of her services or additional information.
Over 25 years of experience as a practitioner and teacher.
Images re-printed with kind permission of Dr. Leonard Mehlmauer.