Here are some tips and simple home remedies to support the body in overcoming this affliction regardless of what causes the cough.
1. Cut out all mucous forming foods, especially dairy and wheat as well as all foods you know you are sensitive to.
2. Change your diet to at least 70% raw and drink lots of carrot juice and green smoothies.
3. Drink lots of good water – city water is typically full of chemicals and not recommended for consumption on a regular basis.
4. Keep the chest warm with appropriate clothing.
5. Apply poultices to the chest, i.e. onion poultice or castor oil pack (see DVD “Herbal Pharmacy for Everyone”, Disc 2 for instructions)
6. Cough Syrup – homemade, simple yet effective:
Cut up an onion, place in glass jar and cover with honey (honey can be hard; the juice of the onion will liquefy the honey).
Let sit for several hours to several days and strain. Take 1 tsp. as needed.
7. Herbs to use are the ones with anti-microbial properties such as Garlic and Thyme and expectorants for example Mullein (Verbascum thapsus), Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) and Fenugreek seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum).
You can find good combination teas for the support of the respiratory system at the health food stores.
Australia is fantastic even though it is too hot to do anything outside other than first thing in the morning. The forecast for Tuesday is 41 degrees Celsius! The body butter I created the other day before my departure has served me well as sun screen – an unexpected bonus. No need for chemicals! I have been enjoying daily bike rides and walks in nature.
Even though I am off-duty I have been on-duty nursing someone’s extreme road rash from a severe fall from bike riding. Once again I have watched the healing power of herbs with amazement as the road rash began to heal within less than 24 hours. The main herbs we used externally as a wound wash were Calendula and Yarrow. I am so grateful for the bounty of healing gifts the Earth provides for us.
Australia is where I am at right now, enjoying time out in the sunshine and best of all some time with my son.
On my way here something amazing happened. The flight from Vancouver to Brisbane is terribly long (about 15 hours), so I make sure to move around as much as possible. A few hours before landing I was at the back of the plane where the flight attendants hang out when they are not serving the passengers. I overheard their conversation about the requirement of the use of pesticides on the plane after landing and while the passengers have to remain in their seats! Yes, it is true, after landing they open the overhead luggage compartments and then walk up and down the aisle while spraying pesticides in there as well as a heavy dose in the washrooms. Needless to say I engaged in that conversation which led from one thing to the next including my work and the publication of the books. Lo and behold, one of the flight attendants owned a deck of BACH FLOWERS UNFOLDING and since I almost always carry one copy of my books with me wherever I go, she bought a copy of HEALING SPIRITUALITY! This made my day and re-affirmed that all the hard work and perseverance is worth it.
Truly green blessings from a hot summer in Australia,
“Healing with Bach Flower Mandalas: Coloring Book is a fun tool for working with Bach Flowers .… The beautiful, welcoming floral designs promote tranquility of the spirit. Offering hours of meditative, reflective activity, Healing with Bach Flower Mandalas: Coloring Book is a unique and satisfying coloring book for adults. Highly recommended.”
— Midwest Book Review
Even in the depth of winter Mother Nature provides and shares her magical gifts. The aroma of the oil I created with spruce and pine needles is incredible. The end product is a body butter which is soft as silk and a pure delight for the senses.
I am so grateful to be able to connect with the Earth in this way during the winter months.
Green blessings from under a blanket of snow,
With the flu season in full force, the topic of vaccinations is once again in the news and on many people’s minds. As always, it is a highly controversial and emotionally laden topic making it very difficult for many to figure out what to do. This is true not only for the flu vaccine but any other vaccinations that are being promoted and endorsed by the medical community. Always remember that many factors contribute to our well-being. For example any stress, be it emotional, physical, spiritual and/or mental will make us more vulnerable to contracting disease. A balanced lifestyle includes a diet that provides the building blocks for us to (re)generate healthy cells and therefore nourishes our body as well as adequate exercise, rest, fresh air, joy and laughter etc. – all are essential for our physical well-being regardless of if we decide to vaccinate or not.
1. Remember that you do have a choice, vaccinations are not mandatory.
2. Educate yourself before you vaccinate so that you feel you have made the choice that is the right one for you and your family.
3. There are a lot of good resources available providing information that will help you in making your decision.
– Vaccine Choice Canada at www.vaccinechoicecanada.com
– Health Action Network Society at www.hans.org (Canadian non-profit organization based out of Vancouver) and,
– National Vaccination Information Centre (NVIC is a US based independent, charitable non-profit organization founded in 1982.) at www.TheVaccineReaction.org
– Jeff Hays Films presents… “Vaccines Revealed” is broadcasting their exclusive docu-series event for 9 days only. From Tuesday, January 10th through the 18th you can watch the whole thing for FREE: http://www.vaccinesrevealed.com/landingii/
– The Health Action Network Society presents…“Vaxxed – From Cover Up to Catastrophe” Vancouver Premier. February 7, 2017 at Cinemathique Theatre,
1131 Howe Street, Vancouver from 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm. Tickets are available through Eventbrite by clicking here: Vaxxed Tickets.
A big thank you to Christie and the staff from the Health Hut for organizing the book signing event.
Shop in comfort and without battling the crowds in my office.
HOURS: December 15 and 16, all day to 5:30 pm
Monday, December 19, 10:30am – 6:30pm; December 20, 8-10:30am
Thursday, December 8am – 5:30pm
Thank you for your support!
BOOK SIGNING: Saturday, December 10, 11am – 2pm, at The Health Hut, Prairie Mall, Grande Prairie.
Not only get your book signed, but also find out which Bach Flower will provide the most support for you.
OFFICE HOURS: Thursday, 8 – 5:30pm and Friday, 9am – 6:30pm
Hope to see you.
Green Blessings from under the blanket of snow,